Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 23- Thursday 30 June

[written in the am] Currently eating breakfast and reading a magazine left on the table, which has a list of 46 laws the French citizen might not be aware of, including: One cannot spit in front of a school [38 euro fine] or at a bus stop [135 euro], and elsewhere it depends on the laws of the local government; one usually cannot wear just a bathing suit in public; one can give away free money in the streets; one cannot [drunkenly] sing in the streets at night [450 euro], etc.

[written in the pm] This morning was a reading morning, again, because the readings for one class are all on the computer and it'd be wa-ay too much to print, so I stayed for a while, had lunch, and headed out. Both classes were at Reid Hall today, so basically I ended up spending six hours there today, with a break in between, so I don't have much to report. Thursdays are turning into eating-out days, and for dinner I got myself a gyro and fries [because I've been craving Wendy's, so, so badly, frosties, their new fries, grease, unidentifiable finely-ground pieces of cow, so good, Tori, for my birthday, I'd like you to bring me a double, please, no onion or tomato or pickles, but I'll eat the lettuce, and mayo, mustard and ketchup are all fine, but no fries, they'd just turn into annelids, because the Wendy's closest to Maine seems to be in your city, and I'm not kidding] yeah, a gyro, and ate it on a riverbank, and read there for a while [Le Pere Goriot], and am taking a somewhat early night in to catch up on last weekend [it's there now, sorry to make you go back [you know, if you want to]] and prepare for this one: We're going as a group to Normandy tomorrow and tomorrowtomorrow, and I've got my two cans of ravioli at the ready.

second lunch! a brioche chocolat, absolutely fresh out the oven
where I had dinner, just on a quai of the Seine, just looking at Pont Neuf, you knooow

8 comments:

  1. Child, they are going to throw you out of that aparment and I may have to disown you over your eating habits. Please tell them you were raised in a cave by wolves then take their picture and post it so we can all see your host family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Oesbhourne, are you referring to The Knife Incident? Is that not okay in the United States, too, and I didn't know because I usually don't use knives? And I can say 'wolves' but not 'cave,' so sorry, no can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wanted to go to Normandy!!! Take lots of pics. July 4th weekend coming up here... Tell the French thank you from Americans for helping us run the Brits outa here!!! oh yeah, and for the Statue of Liberty, french fries and Le Tour de France too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time thing is wrong i don't think she was up at 5. Really about the Wendy's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's 3 hours off, maybe at pacific time. I'm up at 6 and it says 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know about the time, though that's really weird, and I am serious. Serious. About the Wendy's. If you hide it maybe they won't care it isn't packaged, or maybe your airport will be big enough that there will be a Wendy's inside past security, but for the love of God I want a Wendy's hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Double, no pickles or onion or tomato, whatever condiments are fine, but if they ask, no relish, of course, I think that's just more pickles, ick.

    ReplyDelete