Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 21- Tuesday 28 June

Chowing on a chickenwich for breakfast, I did homework on the computer at the apartment until my host family drove me somewhat crazy and out of the apartment, so I went to the Tuileries, because it was relatively close to where our class was meeting, and I'd forgotten that they set up a sort of carnival there during Real Summer. Did more reading there, tried an apple-raspberry crumble-tart-pie-thing for lunch before meeting up with the group to have class at the Hotel Soubise, once a private residence, now, of course, a museum. Specializing in genre painting, it directly related to our discussions and reading, and being there, plus studying again later in the Tuileries, made today an awesome school day. I'm afraid of being too long-winded and mememememe all the time, so here are today's photos:

where I sat in the Tuileries
a bit of the carnival, which people either love or absolutely despise, and I don't think they have funnel cake, so I think I'll take the middle path ....
lunch
Fanprix anyone? I need to take close-ups for you guys :)
just a highway on the periphery
went back to the Tuileries, here's the Ferris wheel
this is where I sat again, good times
Weird things about France: Modification to Salad Rules I: One may eat salad with the main course if said main course is quiche. This caused some awkwardness at dinner today as the salad happened to be between the other student and I [btdub, there's another student living here now, making the in-apartment total seven, yup], and the other two were waiting for us to shovel ourselves some greens and neither of us made a move, so we just sat there waiting for the other two to start eating, and they sat there waiting for us, for about a minute, a whole minute of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow in my politics class we're debating the Burqa ban in France. I'm learning about how nationalist and radically secular the French are and of course Sarkozy, he's quite the fellow, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TrNZremC_s

    "HOW CAN YOU EVEN ASK ME THAT QUESTION?!"

    ReplyDelete