Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 20- Tuesday 15 June

Went to class in something of a daze and knew I was tired when we had a writing assignment to describe a person's day, and she gave us a small sheet of pictures to guide us [think brushing teeth, eating food, walking to school, rollerblading] and the only verbs that came to my mind were to assassinate, to explode, to set on fire, to cut one's throat, to fall to one's death, etc, so my picture-person had a very surprising day. This sort of thing has happened before. Had my first Real chocolate eclair, breaking from my fave feuilletes, got groceries, picked up room, whatever. The real exciting bit was this evening, though now I'm Seriously Tired: I went to Les Miserables [in English] and loved. it. Thought the ending was a bit weak, but the set design was fantastic and there weren't any noticeably weak singers to stick out and it was funny in the right bits and I loved it! Something I hadn't seen before was a movie-projector backdrop that occasionally switched to video, as opposed to scenes and dramatic lighting, so they had effects with that and fog that gave a good illusion of people moving through sewers, or through the streets, and with the lighting they could do great transitions that I can't really explain, and I thought that the barricade battles were fantastic and hilarious, because they were having a completely believable one-sided battle, and I usually get lost in movies and mix up people but had only one issue and thought that the transitions of time [because the beginning happens in stages with two ten year gaps] were done very clearly. Had an impulse buy-moment and got the CD, so Tori's not going to be too happy on our drive to Maine coming up, but she can deal because it was great and I'm super-tired but really happy :)

1 comment:

  1. ohhh jeeze. I better be asleep when you're playing any kind of musical.

    ReplyDelete